Wednesday, May 23, 2012

There Was Light In Goshen

Just this past Sunday we decided that we wanted to be immersed.  So we headed out to Goshen, VA.   My husband, me and our two boys had been baptised in the church years ago.  Our daughter just wasn't ready.   But it is different now.  We wanted to be immersed in a river.  Living waters.  So we headed out early Sunday morning and took a beautiful drive westward.  My husband and I had been to Goshen many years before and just loved it.  So we knew it would be a great place to go, besides the name is so fitting.  We got there a little after lunchtime.  It wasn't  too crowded.  We were just concerned about how cold the water was going to be. I wish I had actual pictures of the immersion but we were thinking we would all go out at the same time.  But once out there is was a little more difficult than we thought.  We had to get to deeper water and the bottom of the river was all rocks.  Slippery rocks.  So Chip, Charlie and JD went out first to find the perfect spot and then when they were done Chip and JD would come back and Chip would take me and Anna out.  JD stayed on shore with our shoes and car keys.  It was so slippery and we ended up climbing/swimming over rocks .  And it was not really all that cold.  Or it was just we on a mission and was not being deterred by chilly waters.  Chip had immersed first then led the boys and then Chip led me and then Anna.  It was great!  Charlie kept saying I feel so clean. Lol!   The drive was gorgeous.  We were at Goshen Pass on the Maury River.  Another funny thing!  No one paid any attention to us.  We thought people might be staring at us, but no!  We had a great time.

See all the rocks!
By the way this was not taken by me but I wanted to show how nice it was!

Blessings!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment