Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Slower Pace of Life


Someone who embraces the yoke of Torah is removed from the burden of worldly affairs.  I recently read this at Aish.com.  It is so true.  Ever since studying Torah, I just look at the world differently.  And lately, I just want my life to be a lot simpler.   I grew up in a time when things broke, you fixed it.  Things were made by hand and they lasted a lifetime.  You made do with what you had. No running out for the latest gadget.  Times were simple.  I remember old wooden screen doors, gardens, my maw-maw's chickens, old barns, going to see family, porches where people sat and talked for hours, swinging on the swing, and a time where everyone waved to each other passing on the road whether you knew them or not.  Our yard took a whole day to cut it on a riding lawn mower.  It was great.  Put on my headphones and get a little sun. It cleared the mind.  Now, it just it is go, go, go.  Work harder, spend more money, repeat.  Now, families are so spread out.  It just saddens me.  I miss the days that I grew up in.  Things just moved slower.  I recently heard that by 2050 or so most of the population, 70%, will live in the city.  Wow! 







I think I will take the front porch, chickens, barns, cutting grass, the slower pace of life.

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment