Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Screaming On Shavuot

So on Shavuot, Chip and I decided to make enchiladas. The recipe says to fry the tortillas for a few seconds on each side. So, I am on the second to last one and the spring loaded tongs slips out of my hand and splatters grease everywhere... and I didn't really realize this at first.  All I know is Chip starts screaming. So, I start screaming and there we are just screaming at each other. All I remember is that I am looking at him wondering why are we screaming? Then I realize he is staring at my face screaming and I think "OH NO, I must be hideous because I must be burnt but I can't feel anything, but why can't I feel anything, OH NO, my face must be gone that is why I can't feel anything". He just had this look of horror on his face. And we are just standing there screaming at each other. And then out of the corner of my eye I see our three children sitting at the table staring at us like we have just lost it. What is the one thing you tell your children when something bad happens "Don't panic"!. Yep, that is Chip and I. We use to be cool. . . That was a long time ago.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment