Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Harper's Ferry, West Virginia

Can I just tell you I enjoy taking day trips off to some quaint little town and examining the jewels that makes that town shine. So, to my surprise when I received the Southern Living magazine October issue I was flipping thru and I come across an article about Harper's Ferry, W. Virginia.





When I was in high school we lived in Maryland and my parents would go on day trips and Harper's Ferry was one of the places they enjoyed visiting. Now that I am older, day tripping has become a passion of mine. There is just something about getting out with family. I look forward to the connection that happens with my husband and children. Anyway, I was so excited so I tore out the article saving it in hopes of visiting soon. And wouldn't you know it, weeks later we had a inicident that happened over Homecoming and well let's just say we needed to get out of this one horse town, at least for the day. So we traveled up the Northern Virginia back roads making our way West Virginia. We were traveling along these small back roads and came to an intersection and we made a left and next thing we knew we were in West Virgnia and we were driving along the river and it is breath taking. Pictures do not give it justice. And of course it is Fall so you can only imagine just how beautiful it is. If you have never been, it is a must see. So we park our car and take the shuttle bus into town. There is a small fee but worth it. We walked and walked and walked. We stopped by the fudge shoppe and let's just say I now know why she is featured. My oldest son bought the peanut butter fudge. Wow!

While there you can walk across the bride and hike up the mountain to see this view. Well, we ran out of time. Okay, it was the end of the day and we were tired! Let's just tell the truth!
If you ever get a chance to go out there. Enjoy!  I would love to take a trip in the Spring.  


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Love these kids!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment