Saturday, February 23, 2013

Training Up A Dog

The other day we had someone stop by and our dog Brulee is not the warmest of dogs at first.  So I told the lady just leave him be, don't look at him, or talk to him.  It may take several visits before Brulee will warm up to someone.  Well, she  tried to let him out the back door and started talking to him.  Well, he didn't like that. He followed around our dinette table and started barking at her so she went around the way and he followed.  So JD picked him and put him in his kennel upstairs. After she left JD brought him down and I fussed at him calling him a bad puppy, bad bad puppy.  But off he went down the hall.  Well, he didn't like that.  The next thing I knew I hear him whining.  He was under the dinner table pouting.  So I called him over and out he comes.  He sits down in front of me and I lovingly tell him that what he did was wrong and that he is to be nice to our visitor and I don't want  him to do that anymore.  Then I tell him I am done you may go.  And off he goes happy as a lark.  I was kinda joking and serious at the same time.  It was like he understood.  But I still think he will be back in the kennel. 

Shalom!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment