Friday, April 20, 2012

Where's The Bunny?

So, of course, Tuesday morning of the 17th.  Chip has left early to go to a meeting for work, and the boys have left for school.  I am sitting in the living room waiting for Anna Caryn to get ready and leave for her bus.  Then I hear Brulee just a barking in the backyard, so I get up to let him in and I find Tangent at the back door.  Then I see it.  Something dead in the grass.  It was fluffy.  Oh, no!  Tangent got a bunny.  And I look down and he is licking his lips.  Not happy!  So, of all days no man in the house.  I ask Anna to get a big white trash bag, I put on shoes and go get the shovel and tell her to wait for me on the deck and I will come out from the garage.  As I am walking out I see Anna on the deck looking down and I see all this bunny fur, but something is different.  At the same time we say, "where is the bunny?"  It was gone.  She thinks a big bird swooped down and got it.  But, I am hoping he was not really hurt and was playing dead and then hopped off and is fine.  I am going with the latter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment