Monday, December 19, 2011

Our Very Own Chalkboard!

In our kitchen, in the dinette was  this white wall. It is so boring, boring, boring. I never knew what to do with this wall. As you can see for years it had nothing in that part of the kitchen.
Charlie

JD


Anna Caryn just looking cute!
Here are my children over the years posing for one thing or another and nothing there except for two pictures to finally fill a void I got tired of seeing. Ugh. But my brother who does home repair told me about Benjamin Moore Chalkboard Paint. 
$16.99/quart and covers 100 sq. feet
Lightbulb! Ohhh! So my husband taped off a huge section of the wall and put on two coats and then he framed up the paint and it looks like we hung a huge chalkboard. I love it! It is like when you were a kid and sitting in class and you just wanted to be able to write whatever you wanted on the chalkboard, but your teacher wouldn't let you. Drag! But now I can write all over my very own chalkboard. Woo Hoo!

Before: prepping the wall


Renaissance man painting first coat

My husband had us all paint a little, he is so sweet. Please excuse my cell phone pictures. He was in a hurry so I just grabbed my cell. And well, duh, you would think I would have moved the ladder, but no. Isn't is a great ladder? LOL. 

See our family calendar!

Doesn't it look like it has always been there!
This really is nice.  Every Sabbath we use for learning biblical hebrew, the commandments and whatever else we are learning.  Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment