Monday, December 26, 2011

Chaise Lounge

I have always wanted a chaise lounge. I mean really, really always wanted a chaise lounge. 



Shabby Chic Chaise





But, well, they aren't cheap. For a chaise and the cushion you are talking over a thousand dollars. Not a problem it you have that kinda money. There are some really nice ones out there. Pottery Barn http://www.potterybarn.com/shop/outdoor/lounging-furniture-outdoor/chaises-outdoor/?page=viewall and Restoration Hardware http://www.restorationhardware.com/catalog/category/collections.jsp?categoryId=cat1695095 are my favorites. But I live in reality in the World of Pindell. 





But my Father up above has shown me favor. I receive newsletters from Lowe's about projects they offer and lo and behold one day in my mailbox, a chaise lounge for two. I was esctatic! Could you believe it? My husband said he would build me one, along with my boys. Althought they weren't as excited as I was to hear of the project.
Lowe's Sunchair for One





Lowe's Sunchair for Two


Lowe's offers plans for a one person or two person http://www.lowes.com/cd_Sun+Chair_1272392683_ or www.lowescreativeideas.com/idea-library/SunChairForTwo0510.aspx I went and bought the cedar.  It is more expensive, but I want it to last. I was able to get most of the wood from Lowe's but I did have to make a two hour trip for the 2x4x8's. I was happy to do it. I was getting my own chaise lounge for a third of the price. Woo Hoo!  My husband and boys started on the chaise. It took them a couple of weekends but here it is!
Now I just need some inexpensive cushions and I am set.  I so look forward to Sabbath and resting on our new chaise lounge. 

Blessings!!!

1 comment: